EXILE Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big project: I WANT YOU!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Threepwood
Exile Member
Exile Member

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Big project: I WANT YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:45 am

Big project: I WANT YOU! Untitl17

Hey there.

Had a talk to Repo today and got some nice new ideas for GTA SA. As some might know, I try to make map parts as well besides converting cars, jsut for fun and making SA a lil bit nicer.

So, anybody knowing that Silicon Vally like part of San Fierro, southbound at the highway? It has two water basins, some bureau buildings and a building which is smth like a shopping mall. Thats the main part I want to talk about. Its at least not only my idea, it was Repos as well:

What about modelling the interior and filling the single lots with places? Lets make a big mall out of it! Now your part comes: I would suggest to give away single lots to you. Everyone who hooks up will get a lot or two, and fills it. Means: modelling the whole part, texturing it, and finally placing it in the mall. As simple as it can be. You are totally free in what to do, maybe a shoe shop, sports shop, music shop, furniture, McD's, BurgerK's, Kentucky Chried Ficken (ok, germans would laugh right now).

Rules would be:
- order just as many lots as you can handle!
- you get one "rawfile" per lot, as a sizement and border help (.3ds or .max)
- only GTA Materials, import a dff to see which settings.
- all has to be ONE mesh in the end.
- keep inside your lot, if you need it bigger, you need a second lot.
- keep it lowpoly
- keep textures small. High res is ok, but keep it GTA please.
- use as less textures as possible, combine textures if possible (multiple parts on one png)
- no alphas!
- do not resize the rawfile!
- do not model things, which can be placed with MEd and are already ingame

For ordering a lot, you have to know what you want to make, where it should be placed. Think about things which are already ingame. Example: if you wanna make a McDonalds, GTA already has chairs and tables. Model the floor, the bar, some signs with the M and else, the kitchen.

For now, I just want to know how many would contribute, have ideas and else. ou do not need a huge effort in modeling, a tiny lot could be done in less than 2 days. Besides that, I want to have a texture share, because we have to keep the numbers of textures small. GTA SA has a limit of ingame objects, so I plan to throw them alltogether as very small number of parts to bring ingame. That means, TXDs are a small count too with lots of texes in it. So if you use a texture, upload it to filebam, link it in the developing texture topic (which will be done once we really start!). If a texture in that DTT fits your needs, rather take it instead of making or searching a new one. Thats a point all contributors have to be fine with, as it saves lots of work, space and effort.

Ok, lets have that in brainstorming mode until we get to planing mode. Share your ideas, share your knowledge, tell me if you would and want to contribute. But one single wish I have: use the Topic at Kottons, it would be hard to keep three forums up to date, so I wanna choose Kottons as headquarter. I hope noone would mind.

Here's the topic:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Kottons_Chop_Shop/topic/1150615/1/

*thx to mummi for the great pic!

Last edited by Threepwood on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blade3562
Exile VIP Member
Exile VIP Member
Blade3562

Number of posts : 625
: : Big project: I WANT YOU! Valuedmembergq7
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:08 am

im up for Beta Testing and bug finding, ill go take some pics of the location i think your talking about and post them(i might need directions lol)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/blade3562
Threepwood
Exile Member
Exile Member

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 8:10 am

See at Kottons Wink
Back to top Go down
jogijxxx
jogijxxx

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:56 am

i could help, but .3ds and .max formats raises me problems, thak you, i will not.

wish luck to you!
Back to top Go down
Threepwood
Exile Member
Exile Member

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 11:06 am

You know that you can use 3ds to import in ZM? If thats the problem..
Thx for the wishes Smile
Back to top Go down
jogijxxx
jogijxxx

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 7:22 am

but if i export from ZM, then in Max it will have screwed up textures. and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Threepwood
Exile Member
Exile Member

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:41 am

usually its no problem. Its just reassigning them.
Back to top Go down
ziorko
Elite Member
Elite Member
ziorko

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:25 am

an der einen Stelle musst ich lachen Wink
Back to top Go down
jogijxxx
jogijxxx

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:49 am

Threep, it's impossible. I've tried it SOOO many ways. But if i convert the model ingame, then i don't need to save it as 3ds or MAX?
Back to top Go down
Threepwood
Exile Member
Exile Member

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 am

Today I worked on a mesh, which came as Z3D format. I had to convert it to old Z3D, and import it into ZM1, and afterwards exporting it as 3ds. Guess what - all the mapping is still there. It just lost the assignment of which texture is placed where, but if you know which and select it, the mapping is there.
But its your choice, we are nearly complete. And no, I can't use it as DFF, map part count is to be hold drastically small, sorry. GTA limits the number of files you can add, and for compatibility to many users we mustn't go to far with new added map parts.
Back to top Go down
Blade3562
Exile VIP Member
Exile VIP Member
Blade3562

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:57 am

ok im waiting for the administration que to accept me
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/blade3562
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big project: I WANT YOU!   Big project: I WANT YOU! Empty

Back to top Go down

Big project: I WANT YOU!
Page 1 of 1