EXILE Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Release Rules.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nik.
Boss
Boss
Nik.

Number of posts : 417
: : Release Rules. Valuedmembergq7
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Release Rules. Empty
PostSubject: Release Rules.   Release Rules. EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 1:45 am

1. Releases: If you created something more or less totally by your own, like modeling a car or a skin, then your're free to share this with others and to distribute it via the internet. To make things clear that you did it, you should include a readme file with everything you like to tell about your creation, but at least a reference to you, as well as credits to folks that helped you and/or credits if you used anything created by someone else (a sound, a part of a model or even a texture). If you're the legitimate author then you've the right to decide of any further use of your creation (who should host it, if it should be exclusive, who is allowed to modify it etc.).

2. Conversions: A conversion means that there's is already something like a car, a model or whatever and you like to transfer it into a certain environment (e.g. from one game to another). In order to do that you've to ask for the permission of the original author first. You don't have to do this if it's a free model, but mostly there should be a contact named in the original readme. You aren't allowed to distribute a conversion with the explicit permission of the original author in any way. Like for the release you should add a readme file with everything you like to tell about your conversion, and mandatorly credits to the original author, as well as credits to folks that helped you and/or credits if you used anything created by someone else (a sound, a part of a model or even a texture). The legitimate author is allowed to restrict the use of you conversion (e.g. limit the districution to certain places or whatever).

3. Modification: Absolutely the same as for the conversion, so have a look above.

4. Bundles: You simply have to ask all the original authors for the permission to host them. Sounds stupid I know and I agree that most of the authors don't care, but there surely will be some that like to control who releases their creations.
These rules aren't to bother anyone here, but rather to show respect to the original author, but most important to guaranty his/her copyright of intellectual material.

These're the rules and everyone here at Exile Modding has to obey them strictly. And since I created this topic no one can tell anymore that he/she doesn't have known about it.

Thx for your cooperation Smile .

Big thx to The_Borg for the permission to use his rules. Smile

Regarding Mod Releases.
Due to past ireconcilable differences between the owners of Exile and the Owner of Ascendence any type of linking between the two sites is forbiden. I apologies for this, and if anybody has a prooblem with this rule, please contact myself or Nik and we can discuss the matter more, if needs be. Sorry if this causes any inconviance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nikdegotica.com

Release Rules.
Page 1 of 1